You in the mood for beef that is savory and packed full of flavor? Give this one a try! Only 7 ingredients folks. 7!!! And takes just 30 minutes to cook.
- Slice the beef thinly so it retains the marinate and cooks quickly and evenly.
- In a bowl, deep platter or gallon sized ziplock bag, put the sliced beef with (half the marinade) soy sauce , lemon juice and 1T olive oil . Let the beef marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into florets, the potatoes into wedges, and the onions into rings.
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes. Brown the potatoes in the medium-heat skillet for 4 minutes each side. Set aside on a plate. Caramelize the onions 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add more oil in the skillet as needed. Sauté the beef slices a few at a time. Depending on the thickness of the beef, 3 to 4 minutes cooking time per side should do it.
- So when all the beef is cooked, add the reserved marinade in the skillet. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes, then add the beef, broccoli, potatoes and onions back in the pan.
- Serve with steamed rice!
- The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I LOVE and personally use.
- If you're not going to cook the potatoes right away, soak them in water so they don't turn brown. Then dry them on paper towels so they don't splatter when you brown them in hot oil in the skillet.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Philippine
Keywords: philippine bistek recipe, beef and broccoli recipe