Say what? I know, who cooks using a soda drink....oh wait, you say pop instead. 😉
Seriously, soda...pop....either way you say it, I'm sure you'd agree that this Caramelized Shrimp with 7UP will be a favorite in your kitchen too once you try it!
CARAMELIZED SHRIMP INGREDIENTS:
And served with garlic fried rice and salted duck eggs with tomatoes, red onions and cilantro? My. MOUTH. IS. WATERING!!!!
Oh, and the shrimp can also be served as an appetizer if you want. Just a bit messy to eat, but if you have a themed party that you serve all "hands-on" food, this would be a hit!
WHERE TO BUY FRESH SHRIMPS:
Here are two places where I buy my shrimps: Seafood City if you feel like driving out to the city. Or Franco's Pescheria in Lake Zurich ~ tell Frank we said hello! Check out our last date night there!
For this you would want to get shrimps with head and tails on. It's more flavorful. You just need to clean and devein the shrimp, or you can have your fishmonger clean them for you.
HOW TO MAKE IT:
After cleaning the shrimp, just place them on a single layer in a skillet with 8oz of 7UP plus 1T of olive oil . Alternatively, you can use any lemon lime soda for this recipe.
Turn the flame on to medium high heat, uncovered. Stirring the shrimp occasionaly to prevent them from burning. Once all the liquid has cooked through, it's time to serve! That's it! See I told you it's super easy!!
Meanwhile, I really hope you make this and please let me know how it turns out. Would love your comments.
Let me know if you made it. Post and tag @JozMahal on Instagram using hashtag #JozMahal.Print
I challenge you to make this dish! It's so easy, three ingredients you guys! And if you don't mind eating with your hands, you are in for a treat! TREAT I said! 🙂
- 1 lb Shrimp (cleaned, deveined with heads on)
- 8 oz 7UP (or any other lemon-lime soda)
- 1 T Olive Oil
- Clean and devein shrimp. Leave heads intact, that's where most of the flavor comes from.
- Place shrimp on a single layer in skillet with 7UP and olive oil on medium high heat, uncovered. Stir occasionally to keep from burning.
- Once liquid has evaporated, turn heat off and place shrimp on a platter. Serve immediately.
- The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I LOVE and personally use.
- You can use any lemon lime soda (pop) for this recipe.
- If you can't find shrimps with heads still on, it's OK to use without. Although as previously mentioned, most of the flavors are on the shrimp head themselves.
Keywords: Shrimp with 7up recipe, 7up shrimp
Welcome to Joz Mahal. I'm here to show you how exotic can be easy. Seriously folks, I LOVE to cook and I LOVE to entertain just as much. My friends and family love coming over to "the Joz Mahal" kitchen because they know they will be treated like royalty. Every food I make is full of flavorful ingredients, and aside for the delightful conversations you'll hear plenty of oohs and aahs at the dinner table. Every bite is truly an exotic journey of the senses. Yet all the dishes are very quick and simple to make, using ingredients that are easy to find. I'm truly passionate about cooking delicious foods! Come and cook with me. Let's be taste buds ~ and follow me along my exotic culinary journey. I can help you put the ❤️ back in the kitchen. After all, that is why I call this blog the Joz Mahal. Read more about me here...
PS: If you try any of my recipes please tag me at #JozMahal!