So after many years of going out for Thai food, I have decided to learn how to make Chicken and Vegetables in Red Curry Sauce at home. Actually, I am going to learn how to make other Thai dishes at home. You can join me in my journey, OK? You see, my son has peanut allergy. I've never taken him to a Thai restaurant because many Thai dishes contain peanuts in them. 🙁
So....I've researched and tested and now I have come up with my own recipe for this delightful dish. And the best part? I found the ingredients at Amazon! WIN!!
Here's full disclosure - I am not trying to sell you products from Amazon, though I am an affiliate, which means if you decide to buy, I will get a small commission off of your purchase. So thank you in advance!
You can also try to go and find them at any Asian markets. I have also found some of these ingredients at Mariano's or other local grocery stores. I just love shopping at Amazon because, I get the ingredients delivered at my front door within a day or two. This allows me to spend my time testing other recipes and blogging! Because you all know how I love to do that!!
So here's my recipe for this super delicious dish! Ready?
NOTE! Red means SPICY! So on a scale of 1 to 3 with 1 being mild, 2 medium and 3 hot, I would say this is ???
CHICKEN & VEGETABLES IN RED CURRY SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts (sliced)
- 13.5 fl. oz. Lite Coconut Milk
- 2 oz. Red Curry Paste
- 2T Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 T Fish Sauce
- 1 small Eggplant (sliced in wedges)
- 1 cup String Beans or Green Beans (cut 2″ long)
- 2 Baby Bokchoy (cut 1″ long)
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper (cut into ¼" strips)
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper (cut into ¼" strips)
- 3 fresh Shiitake Mushrooms (cut into ¼" strips)
- 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves (shredded)
HOW TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS DISH:
- In a warm skillet over medium high heat, put 1 T olive oil , then lightly fry sliced chicken breast. Don’t overcook it! Overcooking it will make it tough. Should take no more than 4 minutes. Set meat aside.
- In the same pan, add another 1T of olive oil , then add the red curry paste , stir until fragrant. Add fish sauce and coconut sugar, stir well. Then add the coconut milk . Mix the ingredients together.
- Add the vegetables in the order that it is written above. Sauté each vegetables 2 to 3 minutes. This will ensure all the vegetables cook at the same time. Add the kaffir lime leaves last.
- Put the chicken back in the curry mixture. Season to taste adding fish sauce and/or sugar as desired.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
With any dish here on my blog, you can make it vegetarian by omitting the meat and replacing it with tofu and/or just use vegetables.
Do you like Thai food? Do you think you would try making this dish? I would love to hear your thoughts. Let me know and tag @JozMahal on Instagram.Print
I love to cook delicious and healthy meals for my family and friends, and I am happy that I get to share my passion with all of you. Every food I make is full of flavorful and healthy ingredients that are quick and simple to make with ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store or online. Let's be taste buds ~ and follow me along my culinary journey. My mantra, to always cook with love, and that is after all, why I call this blog the JOZmahal. Read more about me here...
PS: If you try any of my recipes please use the tag #JOZmahalrecipes and you may be featured in my upcoming posts! ~ cook with love my friend!