Why go out to eat when you can make this Thai-inspired Chicken and Vegetables in Red Curry Sauce dish at home? It's made with fresh vegetables and chicken so it's super healthy and delicious! and it only takes 30 minutes to make!
Table of contents
🥰 Why We Love This Dish
- It tastes like restaurant food, a very good restaurant food!
- It's a one-pot meal so talk about easy clean-up which my husband really likes.
- It's kid-approved!
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Breasts
- Coconut Milk
- Red Curry Paste
- Coconut Sugar
- Fish Sauce
- Green Beans
- Baby Bokchoy
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Shiitake Mushrooms
- Kaffir Lime Leaves
🌿 Key Ingredients Notes
This recipe uses Kaffir Lime Leaves which I ordered from Amazon. What's great with this is that you can freeze it! And when you use it, it tastes as fresh as the day you bought it. This ingredient is the secret to authentic Thai-flavored dishes. Other than Amazon, you can also buy kaffir lime leaves from most Asian food stores. You can find these leaves usually with other dried herbs, in the freezer section, or with other fresh produce.
🔪 How To Make This Dish
- STEP 1: Lightly fry the chicken breast.
- STEP 2: We prepare the fragrant ingredients - red curry paste, fish sauce, coconut sugar and coconut milk.
- STEP 3: Add the the vegetables.
- STEP 4: Put the chicken back in the curry mixture.
👩🏻🍳 Nutritional Expert Tips
- Kaffir lime leaves have a very aromatic flavor and are very distinct among Thai cuisine, and they offer many great health benefits. It helps ease away stress, eliminates bad breath, it's an effective topical antiseptic, good for your hair and skin, and a great insect repellant.
❓Frequently Asked Questions
On the recipe card below, be sure to click on 1x, 2x, or 3x accordingly to increase the amount of serving you need.
Kaffir lime leaves can be kept in a plastic bag or a glass jar for up to a week and stored in the refrigerator. Or they can be stored for up to a year, in the freezer by placing the leaves in a tightly sealed plastic bag.
The kaffir leaf has a potent citrus flavor that is sour, with a floral undertone. It is best compared to a combination of lime, lemon, and mandarin, and is unique in taste.
You can use lemon and lime zest in place of kaffir lime leaves. Make sure to only use the zest from these fruits and not the pith (the spongy white tissue lining the rind of any citrus fruits). The pith is bitter, while the zest offers the same strong citrus flavor needed for this recipe.
🥘 Other Chicken Dishes To Try
📋 Recipe CardPrint
I love to cook delicious and healthy meals for my family and friends, and I am happy that I get to share my passion with all of you. Every food I make is full of flavorful and healthy ingredients that are quick and simple to make with ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store or online. Let's be taste buds ~ and follow me along my culinary journey. My mantra, to always cook with love, and that is after all, why I call this blog the JOZmahal. Read more about me here...
PS: If you try any of my recipes please use the tag #JOZmahalrecipes and you may be featured in my upcoming posts! ~ cook with love my friend!