A quick and easy salmon recipe using cedar planks perfect for grilling. This is a perfect dish to make either for family dinner or for when expecting company over.
The cedar planks really give the salmon a wonderful smoky flavor. Have you used cedar planks when grilling before?
Table of contents
🥰 Why We Love This Dish
- I love it because it is so simple and easy to make
- It provides a very elegant meal at dinner time
- Your guests will be very impressed with the presentation not to mention the wonderfully sweet and smoky flavors
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- Maple Syrup
- Grainy Dijon Mustard
- Minced Fresh Ginger
- Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- Cedar Plank
♨︎ Key Ingredients Notes
This recipe uses Cedar Planks which I have found at Costco. You can also buy them online. Note that cedar planks are one-time use. So properly discard when done. And prior to using them on the grill be sure to soak them in water for at least two hours.
🔪 How To Make This Dish
- Step 1: Soaked the cedar planks
- Step 2: Make the glaze for the salmon
- Step 3: Grill the salmon
👩🏻🍳 Expert Tips
- Soak the cedar plank for at least two hours! Since I'm using a whole fish here, you may need to cut it in half so they fit the cedar plank....so in this case, you may need to use two cedar planks. In any event, be sure to soak the cedar plank on a deep cookie sheet. I also weighed it down with canned food so they're always submerged in water.
❓Frequently Asked Questions
On the recipe card below, be sure to click on 1x, 2x, or 3x accordingly to increase the amount of serving you need.
Yes! And you can warm it up in the oven at warm setting for 7-10 minutes.
Promptly place it in the refrigerator in a sealed container within 1 to 2 hours of serving. And IF you even have any leftover store in the coldest part of the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Well-wrapped leftovers can be kept in the freezer for up to three months.
🥘 Other Seafood Recipes To Try
📋 Recipe CardPrint
I love to cook delicious and healthy meals for my family and friends, and I am happy that I get to share my passion with all of you. Every food I make is full of flavorful and healthy ingredients that are quick and simple to make with ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store or online. Let's be taste buds ~ and follow me along my culinary journey. My mantra, to always cook with love, and that is after all, why I call this blog the JOZmahal. Read more about me here...
PS: If you try any of my recipes please use the tag #JOZmahalrecipes and you may be featured in my upcoming posts! ~ cook with love my friend!