If you have a Filipino friend, you're more than likely to have tasted Adobo Chicken! If not, then this is your lucky day because I have made an easy-to-follow recipe using an Instant Pot.
- 12 Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup Cane Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Fish Sauce
- 4 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 1T Crushed Black Peppercorns
- 2 Dried Bay Leaves
- Rinse and dry chicken wings with paper towel.
- Put all ingredients in Instant Pot. *Set Instant Pot at “Pressure Cook” for 10 minutes with a “Pressure Level” at low.
- Once cooking has been completed, allow the Instant Pot to release steam and “depressurize” on its own. To help speed the cooling off process, place a wet towel on the metal part of the lid being sure not to cover the steam release. Also be sure that “Keep Warm” is turned OFF to allow for it to cool faster.
- After the float valve drops down indicating that the Instant Pot is safe to be opened, remove the chicken wings and place in a bowl and set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté” the sauce in the Instant Pot for an additional 10 minutes. This process helps thicken the sauce giving it a more robust flavor. Pour the sauce over the chicken wings.
- Serve Adobo Chicken Wings with steamed rice, chopped romaine lettuce with sliced tomatoes. Drizzle some of the sauce over the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Soy sauce or Tamari sauce can be used in place of Coconut Aminos.
- Sliced tomatoes help balance out the acidity of the dish.
- Serve this dish with steamed rice, because it will be a tragedy if you don't savor the adobo sauce!
- If you're feeling like wanting to eat some vegetables with this dish, try making some Sautéed Opo Squash! It's a great complement to this dish!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Philippine
Keywords: instant pot adobo chicken wings, quick and easy chicken wings recipe, adobo chicken wings appetizer