A very decadent yet simple to make Roasted Marrow Bone appetizer served with Parsley Salad and Crusty Bread that is very delicious and healthy for you!
- 5 center-cut beef marrow bones, (about 4 pounds total)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse sea salt to taste
- 4 (or more) 1/2-inch-thick slices of crusty bread, toasted
FOR THE MARROW:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Put bones hollow side up on Le Creuset skillet or foil-lined deep baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cook until the marrow is softened. Stop before marrow begins to liquefy.
- Remove from heat.
FOR THE BREAD:
- Cut 1/2" thick diagonally
- Brush slices with melted butter
- Bake as directed on the packaging
- With a knife or small fork, scoop out the marrow from the bone
- Spread on toasted crusty bread
- Top with parsley salad and sprinkle some coarse salt
- You can also use marrow bones that are sliced horizontally which makes for the marrow easier to get at using any appetizer spoon.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Roasted marrow bones, bone marrow