What to do with left-over roast chicken? Make chicken flautas! Check out my always perfect roasted chicken recipe that’s always 100% winner, winner chicken dinner! This is a quick to make anytime meal your family will surely enjoy!
Table of contents
🥰 Why We Love This Dish
- I love it because even after working a full day this is something I can make quickly
- Great recipe to use with left-over chicken
- Tastes just as good reheated
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- Olive Oil
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Limes (1 halved, 1 cut into wedges)
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- Shredded chicken
- Fresh salsa
- Corn tortillas
🌽 Key Ingredients Notes
This recipe calls for corn tortillas however, you can substitute flour tortillas and it will be just as good.
🔪 How To Make This Dish
- Step 1: Make the avocado sauce in a blender
- Step 2: Prepare the radish salad
- Step 3: Wrap the chicken in the tortilla shells
- Step 4: Cook the Chicken Flautas
👩🏻🍳 Nutritional Expert Tips
- Corn tortillas are a fantastic low-carb alternative to flour tortillas and can help you out in a low-carb diet or a weight loss diet.
- When preparing the tortillas be sure to wrap them in paper towels and microwave until soft, about 30 seconds. And do not skip this step! I thought I'd save time by skipping it and instead the tortillas broke as I tried to wrap the chicken mixture in it.
❓Frequently Asked Questions
On the recipe card below, be sure to click on 1x, 2x, or 3x accordingly to increase the amount of serving you need.
Yes. Just reheat in the toaster oven or standard oven or air fryer to keep the flautas crispy.
Of course. Cooking instructions are the same.
Wrap the tortillas in paper towels and microwave until soft, about 30 seconds. This method makes the tortilla soft and pliable.
🥘 Other Dishes To Make Using Left-Over Chicken
📋 Recipe CardPrint
I love to cook delicious and healthy meals for my family and friends, and I am happy that I get to share my passion with all of you. Every food I make is full of flavorful and healthy ingredients that are quick and simple to make with ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store or online. Let's be taste buds ~ and follow me along my culinary journey. My mantra, to always cook with love, and that is after all, why I call this blog the JOZmahal. Read more about me here...
PS: If you try any of my recipes please use the tag #JOZmahalrecipes and you may be featured in my upcoming posts! ~ cook with love my friend!