For mornings when you want something a little more hearty and satisfying, this is something you can add to your breakfast repertoire. I will teach you how to make this very popular flavorful fried rice dish made with garlic! And with a side of eggs and bacon. And who does not like bacon?!
Table of contents
🥰 Why We Love This Dish
- I love it because it's very simple and easy to make
- Great use of left-over rice
- It's a wonderful comfort food
🥘 Ingredients Needed
🥓 Key Ingredients Notes
My source for bacon is Wallace Farms. The flavor combination of maple cure and hardwood smoke can't be beat! Furthermore, their animals are raised ethically and I can count on their products to be free from antibiotics, hormones, and extra chemicals.
🔪 How To Make This Dish
- Step 1: Cook the bacon
- Step 2: Make the fried rice
- Step 3: Fry the egg
👩🏻🍳 Nutritional Expert Tips
- A healthier and less messy way to cook bacon is to start with a cold oven. Meaning, without pre-heating the oven, put the slices of bacon in single layer on a cookie sheet, then place them on the lower rack in the oven. Now turn the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Don't set the timer until the oven "dings" and reaches the desired temperature. Depending on the number of slices, set the timer at one and a half minute per slice. So with this recipe, since we're cooking six slices of bacon, set the timer for nine minutes.
- NOTE: That oven temperature and thickness of bacon varies, so this will affect how long the bacon cooks. But overall, I've had many successes in the above procedure.
❓Frequently Asked Questions
On the recipe card below, be sure to click on 1x, 2x, or 3x accordingly to increase the amount of serving you need.
Start cooking the garlic in oil in a cold pan. Turn on the heat to medium, and after a minute or two, the garlic in oil will start to bubble infusing its flavor into the oil. Stur frequently.
A day old, long grain rice is the best kind of rice for this recipe since long grain rice has less starch and when cooked it is less sticky and the grain separates - allowing for the garlic flavor to really blend in nicely with the rice.
The best way to cook bacon is to start it in a cold oven. Put the slices of bacon in single layer on a cookie sheet, without pre-heating the oven. Once the oven temperature reaches 400 degrees Fahrenheit, set the timer for 1.5 minutes per slice of bacon.
To fry an egg it is best to use both! Using oil allows for the skillet to be heated through and if you like your egg to have that crispy edge, a little bit of oil is your answer. Then add a tad of butter to give the egg a creamier finish.
🥘 Other Philippine Recipes To Try
📋 Recipe CardPrint
I love to cook delicious and healthy meals for my family and friends, and I am happy that I get to share my passion with all of you. Every food I make is full of flavorful and healthy ingredients that are quick and simple to make with ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store or online. Let's be taste buds ~ and follow me along my culinary journey. My mantra, to always cook with love, and that is after all, why I call this blog the JOZmahal. Read more about me here...
PS: If you try any of my recipes please use the tag #JOZmahalrecipes and you may be featured in my upcoming posts! ~ cook with love my friend!