A very decadent yet simple to make Roasted Marrow Bone appetizer served with Parsley Salad and Crusty Bread that is very delicious and healthy for you!
This appetizer is not for the faint of heart. The marrow has a rich buttery flavor that is perfectly balanced by the acids from the fresh parsley, capers, and lemon juice.
Table of contents
🥰 Why We Love This Dish
- The marrow bones can be used to make a nice hearty bone broth full of vitamins and minerals
- It's very simple to make
- It makes for an impressive presentation
- Great starter for any meal
- I submitted this photo to Foodgawker and it was selected
🥘 Ingredients Needed
- Marrow Bones
- Kosher Salt
🥩 Key Ingredient Notes
It is always best to get your products from a reputable place which is why I I love and trust Wallace Farms because their products are free from antibiotics, hormones, and chemicals. Their products are of highest quality and when they say "grass-fed," "pasture-raised," and "fresh-air" that is the true core of who they are and what they offer.
Take note that the price of bone marrow will vary depending upon the quality of meat you buy. Grass-fed bones from healthy animals are better for your overall health but come at a premium price compared to grain-fed marrow bones. So shop around and read the label.
🔪 How To Make This Dish
- Step 1: Roast the marrow bones in the oven
- Step 2: Sprinkle some coarse salt and serve with Parsley Salad and a slice of warm crusty bread, voila! You're set! How easy is that?
👩🏻🍳 Nutritional Expert Tips
- Marrow provides energy, and is rich in healthy fats! At least 70% unsaturated fat that is!
- It's also rich in iron, Calcium, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, and Vitamin E
- Marrow has trace amounts of minerals like Thiamin and Niacin
- Science has also shown that marrow contains substances that boost and maintain our body's immune system.
- Bone marrow has health-promoting compounds that have been linked to decrease inflammation, better skin health, improved joint function, ensures digestion of food, improves overall gut health, lowers the risk of diabetes, decreases the risk of cardiovascular diseases, and lowers the risk of obesity-associated cancer. Lastly, bone marrow has been found to restore white blood cells
❓Frequently Asked Questions
On the recipe card below, be sure to click on 1x, 2x, or 3x accordingly to increase the amount of serving you need.
It tastes heavenly! Roasted Marrow Bone is rich and very decadent. It's sort of sweet and has a rich nutty flavor just like butter.
You can use the bones to make bone broth. Just put them in a stockpot with some vegetables like carrots, celery, onions, garlic, etc. along with your favorite herbs and spices.
Yes! The roasted bones can be reheated in warm oven.
🥘 Other Appetizer Recipes To Try
📋 Recipe CardPrint
I love to cook delicious and healthy meals for my family and friends, and I am happy that I get to share my passion with all of you. Every food I make is full of flavorful and healthy ingredients that are quick and simple to make with ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store or online. Let's be taste buds ~ and follow me along my culinary journey. My mantra, to always cook with love, and that is after all, why I call this blog the JOZmahal. Read more about me here...
PS: If you try any of my recipes please use the tag #JOZmahalrecipes and you may be featured in my upcoming posts! ~ cook with love my friend!