OMG! I've died and gone to heaven with this recipe. This was something I have tested and written and locked up in a vault decades ago and now I am here sharing it with all of you. Lucky YOU!
I wanted to serve this Yummy Beef because:
- It's easy to make. Marinate. Refrigerate. Sauté in an Instant Pot . Serve!
- It's very tasty!
- 2.5 lbs. of beef is a generous serving for 6 dinner guests!
- If, and that's a BIG IF you have any leftovers, its' even tastier the next day with a tortilla wrap or a bun or with rice or just by itself.
- It is really easy to make!!!
You ready to make this dish? Let's get to it! Gather up your ingredients.
HERE'S THE RECIPE:
- 2.5lb. black angus boneless rump roast (thinly sliced; I've also used boneless beef round roast)
- 2T Sesame Oil
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 12oz. beer (any beer)
- 12oz. Dole 100% Pineapple Juice (not from concentrate)
- ½c Tamari Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- ¾c Brown Sugar
- ¼c Catsup
- 2T Hot Sauce
- ½t Fresh Ginger (peeled and shredded)
- 2t Dried Red Pepper Flakes
HOW TO PREPARE THIS DISH:
- Thinly slice the meat. Do you want to know the trick to slicing meat, especially getting it thinly cut? Freeze it! Or cut it while it's partially frozen still. See this is how it will look like.
- That's how you want it so (1) all the flavors of the marinade will saturate the meat and (2) the meat cooks a whole heck of a lot easier and more evenly!
- Mix marinade in a bowl then place in a gallon sized Ziploc Bag. I marinated the meat for 24 hours. This is how it looked like the next day. You can marinate the beef at a minimum for 4 hours but I found that 24 hours is the ULTIMATE!
- After marinating, put the meat in a colander to drain out the marinade. Place the meat on a flat dish then rub sesame oil all over the beef.
- In the past I would have skewered these babies and grilled them but since I bought an Instant Pot I gave that a try. And WOW! I will be blogging about "Instant Pot : How Do I Love Thee" one of these days. So glad I bought one! WHY? -> The dish cooked in less time than I would have had I skewered and grilled them and the flavor? It's just as good; maybe even better! Healthy too ~ since the meat isn't charred.
- So I set the Instant Pot to "Sauté" for 30 minutes. I cooked the meat in batches 4 minutes at a time; 6 batches in total. Done in less than 30 minutes!!! Finito! Finish! I said DONE! What does that mean? More eating time for me!!! #WINNING!
- This is how it looked while I was making it hear the sizzle? Turn up the volume! And click on that link..
I also made Chicken and Vegetables in Red Curry Sauce which was a great complement to the dish.
And I must say, I believe everyone was satiated. They say a picture if worth a thousand words....you be the judge!
I sure do hope you make this and when you do, kindly please leave me a comment.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!
I’m doing the ??????????????
‘Til next time…
I love to cook delicious and healthy meals for my family and friends, and I am happy that I get to share my passion with all of you. Every food I make is full of flavorful and healthy ingredients that are quick and simple to make with ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store or online. Let's be taste buds ~ and follow me along my culinary journey. My mantra, to always cook with love, and that is after all, why I call this blog the JOZmahal. Read more about me here...
PS: If you try any of my recipes please use the tag #JOZmahalrecipes and you may be featured in my upcoming posts! ~ cook with love my friend!